One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of fabric) dyed as yarn, before being woven.
- ‘The middle-tier Ash City brand is debuting a men's yarn-dyed mock twist and a mini-stripe fine jersey in both men's and women's styles.’
- ‘The fabrics include washed denims, soft poplins, heavy canvas, twills, and yarn-dyed plaids.’
- ‘In yarn-dyed carpeting, the color doesn't permeate the fiber, but remains on the outside, like an Easter egg, adds Stafford.’
- ‘This fabric offers a nice complement to the new pure silk woven yarn-dyed plaids coming out of China for draperies and bedding accessories.’
- ‘Lew also said yarn-dyed Tencel fabrics in large plaids were being picked up for both men's and women's wear.’
- ‘The Weatherproof line includes three new fabric-dyed mercerized solids and three new yarn-dyed mercerized styles for 2003.’
- ‘The new look - easy, livable and elegant - is achieved by mixing luxurious traditional fabrics with casual yarn-dyed fabrics or prints, say textile firms that cater to the home market.’
- ‘Girouard notes that the denim looks like a yarn-dyed product when it is garment dyed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.