One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ritual sacrifice with a specific objective.
- ‘Hundreds of men, women and children participated in the yajna, performed pooja and offered prayers to Lord Indra to seek rain showers.’
- ‘Directions for performing different types of yajnas are specifically arranged for the highest realization of the Supreme Lord, as confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita by the Lord Himself.’
- ‘Their traditional role in mythology was to wreck the sacred sacrifice, the yagna, and wreak havoc on figures of power and authority.’
- ‘It is a common practice that the head of the family is the karta of major yajnas and rituals along with his wife.’
- ‘In most of the Vedic and Tantric rituals the right hand, with which the yajnas, homas and pujas are performed, is purified by wearing a pavithra ring on the ring finger.’
- ‘Drawing on ancient scriptures, content includes learning the proper performance of yagnas, samskaras, puja, Vedic astrology and more.’
From Sanskrit yajña ‘worship, sacrifice’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.