Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The art of making woodcuts or wood engravings, especially by a relatively primitive technique.
- ‘Albrecht Dürer became a leader in the art of xylography and was a part of the distinguished group who created the woodcuts of the Chronicle.’
- ‘To compare, it is necessary to say, that in Europe the xylography came into the world only in the 14th century.’
- ‘The art of xylography consists of sample writing, carving, printing and binding, all done by hand, Xu said.’
- ‘These prints maintain the characteristics of traditional xylography and reflect the ongoing changes in architecture, clothes and transportation in the country.’
- ‘First seen in China around the 1st century, wood engraving or xylography is the oldest engraving technique known.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.