One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The art of making woodcuts or wood engravings, especially by a relatively primitive technique.
- ‘The art of xylography consists of sample writing, carving, printing and binding, all done by hand, Xu said.’
- ‘First seen in China around the 1st century, wood engraving or xylography is the oldest engraving technique known.’
- ‘These prints maintain the characteristics of traditional xylography and reflect the ongoing changes in architecture, clothes and transportation in the country.’
- ‘Albrecht Dürer became a leader in the art of xylography and was a part of the distinguished group who created the woodcuts of the Chronicle.’
- ‘To compare, it is necessary to say, that in Europe the xylography came into the world only in the 14th century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.