One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In fact, the maps are made with the xylographic method, but have the esthetic fineness of a copperplate engraving, needed to draw the tiny details found in a geographic map.’
- ‘No complete set of either of the xylographic editions seems to have survived the Cultural Revolution, although single volumes still exist in Tibet.’
- ‘Overleaf is the image of Saint Chistopher and at the end an image of Christ on the cross, both xylographic.’
- ‘Ancillary coverage is given to the editorial techniques used in preparing the Buddhist xylographic canons.’
- ‘In order to do a xylographic engraving you need to have a block of wood and the necessary tools: gouges and burins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.