One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Ancillary coverage is given to the editorial techniques used in preparing the Buddhist xylographic canons.’
- ‘No complete set of either of the xylographic editions seems to have survived the Cultural Revolution, although single volumes still exist in Tibet.’
- ‘In fact, the maps are made with the xylographic method, but have the esthetic fineness of a copperplate engraving, needed to draw the tiny details found in a geographic map.’
- ‘In order to do a xylographic engraving you need to have a block of wood and the necessary tools: gouges and burins.’
- ‘Overleaf is the image of Saint Chistopher and at the end an image of Christ on the cross, both xylographic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.