One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The xerophiles are typical for the most part of the mammal populations of the Lesser Caucasus.’
- ‘Low altitude dry (xerophile) vegetation is found relatively close to the littoral zone where the habitat is characterised by strong droughts.’
- ‘Species of the Rosa gender, box trees in basophile and xerophile beech groves.’
- ‘The research thus far has been very exciting, and I feel that we are laying very practical groundwork for building infrastructure to support the use of xerophile and native plants in Jordan.’
- ‘Schwartz and Henderson described L. semilineatus as a xerophile associated with gravelly or rocky areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.