Any of various diseases characterized by extreme dryness of the skin, especially a mild form of ichthyosis.
- ‘Individual DNA repair capacity strongly influences skin cancer susceptibility as illustrated in cancer prone DNA repair-deficient xeroderma pigmentosutn patients.’
- ‘The specific heterodikaryon complementation results allowed us to allocate a 37-year-old female patient with xeroderma pigmentosum to complementation group G of rare incidence.’
- ‘These include albinism, xeroderma pigmentosa, Bazex's syndrome, and the naevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome (Gorlin's syndrome).’
- ‘In this study we report normal UV-upregulation of reporter expression in xeroderma pigmento-sum group E fibroblasts, consistent with normal TCR.’
- ‘The XP Society, founded by Caren and Dan Mahar, is recognized as a key provider of information, support and activities for xeroderma pigmentosum patients and their families.’
Mid 19th century: modern Latin, from xero- dry + Greek derma skin.