One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting, relating to, or involving tissues or cells belonging to individuals of different species.Compare with allogeneic
- ‘The rejection of xenogeneic embryo implants involves a complicated immune and endocrine network.’
- ‘Both chronic VEGFR blockade and xenogeneic EC immunization in rats cause emphysema in rats without apparent damage to other organs.’
- ‘Intraperitoneal injection of xenogeneic cells resulted in the development of an immune response as tested by ELISA.’
- ‘Adult athymic rats did not develop emphysema as compared with adjuvant-only injected rats and did not show septal cell apoptosis following xenogeneic EC injection (data not shown).’
- ‘However, the immunological barrier to xenogeneic grafts is substantially greater than the barrier to human grafts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.