One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The influence or effect of pollen on the endosperm or embryo, resulting in hybrid characteristics in form, color, etc., of the derived seed.
- ‘This phenomenon of pollen affecting fruit characteristics has been known as xenia.’
- ‘Xenia describes any immediate effect a pollen grain has on the germ or endosperm of seed plants.’
- ‘Xenia is the effect of pollen on the development and characteristics of the fruits.’
- ‘Pollen also potentially influences oil content by means of xenia.’
- ‘Taking full advantage of the glut, the flower-like polyps of xenia soft corals pulsated as they fed on the zooplankton delivered by the currents.’
A commercial and industrial city in southwestern Ohio; population 27,357 (est. 2008).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.