One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an unfair, unjust, or illegal manner.‘he was wrongfully convicted of murder’‘they realized they had acted wrongfully and showed real remorse’
- ‘The subplot, about a Jewish trader wrongfully accused of murder, is far more unsettling.’
- ‘Working to force the return of wrongfully obtained funds is the right thing to do.’
- ‘A promise of confidentiality is a duty to maintain the secrecy of the information and not misuse or wrongfully disclose it.’
- ‘After he had vacated the flat, the landlord had wrongfully kept the deposit in lieu of rent in arrears.’
- ‘After a vengeful officer wrongfully sends his mother to prison, Ned and his brothers resort to a life of crime.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.