One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who behaves illegally or dishonestly; an offender.‘we'd like to see wrongdoers expelled from the industry entirely’
offender, lawbreaker, criminal, felon, convict, jailbird, delinquent, villain, black hat, culprit, guilty party, evil-doer, sinner, transgressor, malefactor, reprobate, rogue, scoundrel, rascal, outlawView synonyms
- ‘Trading standards officers say they will prosecute anyone found to be selling such items to children and the wrongdoer could then end up with a criminal record and a day in court.’
- ‘On the other hand, we have to consider the interest of society at large in finding our wrongdoers and repressing crime.’
- ‘On the one hand, it is not clear why a jury should care how much charity a wrongdoer gives to third parties after the wrongdoer causes an injury to the plaintiff.’
- ‘If wrongdoings are uncovered, then the wrongdoers must be punished.’
- ‘I'm happier if we can use our understanding of criminal mechanisms to prevent cybercrime, not just penalize wrongdoers after the fact.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.