A person who behaves illegally or dishonestly; an offender.‘we'd like to see wrongdoers expelled from the industry entirely’
offender, lawbreaker, criminal, felon, convict, jailbird, delinquent, villain, black hat, culprit, guilty party, evil-doer, sinner, transgressor, malefactor, reprobate, rogue, scoundrel, rascal, outlawView synonyms
- ‘I'm happier if we can use our understanding of criminal mechanisms to prevent cybercrime, not just penalize wrongdoers after the fact.’
- ‘On the other hand, we have to consider the interest of society at large in finding our wrongdoers and repressing crime.’
- ‘Trading standards officers say they will prosecute anyone found to be selling such items to children and the wrongdoer could then end up with a criminal record and a day in court.’
- ‘If wrongdoings are uncovered, then the wrongdoers must be punished.’
- ‘On the one hand, it is not clear why a jury should care how much charity a wrongdoer gives to third parties after the wrongdoer causes an injury to the plaintiff.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.