Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer program that works only with another fully developed program, which it enhances in some way.‘we have created a viewer that is a simple wrapper application for the underlying multimedia system’
- ‘It looks like the wrapper application crashed but the engine itself was still running.’
- ‘The second application, a component based data visualisation application, employs the injection wrapper application to gain support for distributed multiple input devices at run-time.’
- ‘If you do need to reinstall your program, simply download the program again select the Reinstall button in the wrapper application.’
- ‘Back in 2002, I talked about graphical wrapper applications that attempt to make Unix command-line tools more accessible to Mac users who prefer to avoid the command-line whenever possible.’
- ‘The wrapper application had many changes to support instance variable programming style and HTML page tagging for outs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.