One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Unlike conventional surgery, this noninvasive procedure is entirely bloodless and woundless, and achieves improved outcomes at lower cost and dramatically reduced recovery time.’
- ‘It can be jarring, though, to watch as a character pulls a clean blade from their woundless body despite the violence implied elsewhere.’
- ‘A pitiful thousand men left from our large expedition stood up to join me, almost none woundless.’
- ‘Everyone can turn a blind eye to the woundless slashes of the lying tongue, the cruel word, the baleful onslaught.’
- ‘I lifted my shirt, revealing my woundless stomach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.