One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During operation the cooler seemed to perform well, getting hot but not worrisomely so.’
- ‘Salem didn't know any of us very well, but he still seemed relatively shocked, yet worrisomely pleased.’
- ‘Something silly was about to happen and Henry drifted worrisomely back into a negotiating team caucus where they were all arguing in concentric circles about something incomprehensible and foolish.’
- ‘But to longtime Portlanders, housing costs are worrisomely high.’
- ‘But as he goes on, this idea tends to take on worrisomely subversive overtones as he tries to make the case that it's essentially tricking people into learning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.