One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic or humorous term for worry
- ‘Holland sat next to her and stared at her with worriment shown in her eyes.’
- ‘His eyes watered with light tears of worriment.’
- ‘We're in no rush, so what's all this worriment about our ship stalling?’
- ‘The skin between his eyebrows puckered, furrowing in almost an anxious worriment.’
- ‘If only they had walked into the library that day so long ago and met the prince, sitting there in worriment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.