One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic or humorous term for worry
- ‘If only they had walked into the library that day so long ago and met the prince, sitting there in worriment.’
- ‘The skin between his eyebrows puckered, furrowing in almost an anxious worriment.’
- ‘We're in no rush, so what's all this worriment about our ship stalling?’
- ‘His eyes watered with light tears of worriment.’
- ‘Holland sat next to her and stared at her with worriment shown in her eyes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.