One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Almost all the ingredients of a world-beating breakfast are available from within the county, say the organisers - from bread flour to farm eggs, fresh milk, locally-cured bacon and prize-winning preserves.’
- ‘I might go as far as to say that the density of potential world-beating technologies is higher in Scotland than anywhere else in the world.’
- ‘Ultimately, I am thinking about us as a world-beating force.’
- ‘The Executive believes Scotland has the capacity to become a world-beating events destination.’
- ‘What happened, then, to our great entrepreneurial tradition, the small businesses determined to become tomorrow's giants, the hard-headed ambition that can turn bright ideas into world-beating companies?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.