One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area where an industry is located or where work takes place.
- ‘With the economy slumping for the past few years, the number of people alienated from the state, worksites, neighbors and even their families has sharply increased.’
- ‘A free postal service has been set up by Sheffield Council to help residents contact the authority's offices and worksites.’
- ‘Manufacturing worksites were more likely than nonmanufacturing worksites to terminate employees who test positive for drug use.’
- ‘He said parents needed to realise that home renovation could turn a child's safe haven into an industrial worksite.’
- ‘At the time I reached the camp, it was almost deserted, as workers had been trucked to a distant worksite, returning only late in the evening.’
- ‘Union activity at other Colombian worksites, including several run by American companies, has been greeted with terror.’
- ‘‘I've seen him on worksites and he can look old and tired,’ says the insider.’
- ‘Data may be collected in many settings, including schools, colleges/universities, community agencies, worksites and healthcare settings.’
- ‘In addition, many worksites have facilities that can be modified to accommodate numbers of people interested in educational messages.’
- ‘One solution is to set up a small area near the worksite with tea and coffee-making facilities that builders can use without going into your kitchen.’
- ‘His letter was well-received and has been discussed time and again at home and worksites where our people reside and work.’
- ‘Workers should also refrain from deserting their worksites at this difficult time.’
- ‘Also, many factories and worksites have been destroyed in the fighting, and the remaining ones face the problem of getting materials shipped in from outside their city.’
- ‘Pipe fitters, electrical and sheet metal workers, brick masons and ironworkers were reported to have honored picket lines at the stadium worksite.’
- ‘I challenge all forward-thinking worksites to consider installing the 15-minute nap station.’
- ‘For one thing, it needs a base beyond the worksite.’
- ‘Well, can we look at how you're going to deal with law breakers in the business world on worksites?’
- ‘However, no systematic difference in distribution of worksites was observed between participants and nonparticipants.’
- ‘The goal is to decrease exposure to provocative actions through patient education, as well as through appropriate ergonomic changes in the worksite area.’
- ‘Other good resources include your family physician or the Wellness program at your worksite or local hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.