1A paper listing questions or tasks for students.
- ‘A chapter from a book about alternatives to self injury, and a worksheet asking questions about previous incidences of self harm.’
- ‘The students will be given simple worksheets with different shapes hidden in dotted lines.’
- ‘Students recorded notes on worksheets for future reference.’
- ‘Task sheets and worksheets will be available to teachers and the final projects are presented in both electronic format and hard copy.’
- ‘After completing and reviewing the maze worksheet, students completed a writing activity for each of the four civilizations.’
- ‘In their classrooms, as in most classrooms, comprehension was assessed by teacher questions, worksheets, or journal activities.’
- ‘Harris put together journals with worksheets to help students retain information from the books.’
- ‘He usually volunteered in the office during his study hall period, doing odd jobs like shredding paper, copying worksheets for the students, and sorting the teachers' mail.’
- ‘By the middle of class, by 8: 50 or so, all of the students had finished their worksheets and turned them in.’
- ‘Lesson plans, resources, movie clips, scripts and worksheets for media students and teachers are free on the web.’
- ‘After the bell rang at 8: 20, and the morning announcements were read by 8: 25, she handed out the worksheets to her students.’
- ‘At the end of the training session, students independently completed a worksheet containing six story situations by reading the story situation and mapping the information onto the diagrams.’
- ‘This format is basically self-instruction where a group of three to four students complete the worksheet together to facilitate exchange of ideas and enhance discussion.’
- ‘Supplements at the end of the notebook include maps, as well as a number of helpful student worksheets that may be duplicated.’
- ‘There were questions on our worksheets, for every different room.’
- ‘Students related a dislike of worksheets and note taking.’
- ‘Students then complete the worksheets, based on the prices provided, to determine the monetary costs of smoking given different brands and amounts of cigarettes smoked.’
- ‘Students compare their two worksheets, looking for similarities and differences.’
- ‘The worksheet included questions that helped students think critically about the author or artist, the audience and purpose of the document.’
- ‘The curriculum provides student worksheets and includes a grading rubric that outlines minimal, adequate and extensive answers for the teachers.’
2A paper for recording work done or in progress.
- ‘The inspector will check worksheets, instrument printouts, and medical records for completeness.’
- ‘In using the analytical framework and worksheet process, the analyst determines the details of the element identified on the framework and records the information on the worksheet where it is available for later analysis.’
- ‘They work with their personnel offices to update records, fill out promotion-point worksheets and prepare for military-knowledge boards.’
- ‘After agreement between Contractor and Managing Contractor, Contractor shall submit an invoice based on the progress payment worksheets.’
- 2.1Computing A data file created and used by a spreadsheet program, which takes the form of a matrix of cells when displayed.
- ‘The example then displays a message in the upper left cell of the worksheet.’
- ‘Each product team's efforts are captured in Microsoft Office documents, such as Excel worksheets.’
- ‘A database table is broadly akin to a worksheet in an Excel spreadsheet.’
- ‘A Visual Basic program was used to extract data from the worksheet.’
- ‘Its interfaces with Microsoft Word, worksheets, and PDF files have all been improved.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.