Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A part of a computer's memory that is used by a program for the storage of intermediate results or other temporary items.
- ‘The acquired digital images are temporarily stored in working storage until they are utilized or deleted.’
- ‘Values in working storage are duplicated in each tasks working set.’
- ‘Its primary purpose is to dump the working storage section of a program but may be used to dump other areas of memory or partial areas of working storage.’
- ‘A method and apparatus for encoding and decoding linear block codes while using limited working storage is disclosed.’
- ‘A working storage array may be built to consolidate the information associated with the plurality of database records.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.