Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The sequence of industrial, administrative, or other processes through which a piece of work passes from initiation to completion.
- ‘Integrate the multimedia workflow into the normal story planning process of your newsroom.’
- ‘It's simply unhealthy and disruptive to your workflow to continue laboring throughout a designated one-hour break.’
- ‘Yes, you can successfully complete simple, short workflows using e-mail.’
- ‘The differences are profound and the process workflow usually kept in a spreadsheet, thus its dominance.’
- ‘The chapter also demonstrates the creation of an action by following a typical workflow so that the process is clarified.’
- ‘I went looking for pregnant pauses in their workflow and fingered the most prominent one - the print queue.’
- ‘The system monitors all workflows in progress and interprets the results upon completion of each step.’
- ‘The potential therefore exists for business users to change workflows and related processes and breach compliance.’
- ‘Few companies have succeeded in achieving substantial workflows across their supply chains.’
- ‘The creation and management of workflows has become a topical issue as the industry moves to construct service-oriented architectures (SOAs).’
- ‘Information storage operations can involve complex or repetitive user tasks and system processes - in workflows that migrate across multiple platforms.’
- ‘In a larger system there can be dozens of them, specific ones for particular kinds of content and publications and many workflows that administrators need to ensure happen to maintain the overall system.’
- ‘Also, it can provide instantaneous, up to date configuration information and can control complex workflows by alerting the right people at the right time to the specific needs of any particular job.’
- ‘This uncovers problems and waste in any process, and then compares the ideal workflow with the current processes.’
- ‘For those, you need a workflow that's more like the auto industry.’
- ‘Aesthetics, ergonomics, engineering and understanding the workflow all contribute to our designs.’
- ‘Thus, people must get an appointment first, and those appointments are scheduled to ensure a steady workflow.’
- ‘Such workflows also can provide parallel and serial approval processes.’
- ‘Here is a guide to current pricing practices for photographers bidding on jobs involving digital workflows.’
- ‘They have to be able to understand diagrams of system architectures and create their own diagrams of process workflows.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.