One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method for overcoming a problem or limitation in a program or system.
- ‘Others are working to develop workarounds to server operating system file systems that will enable the true sharing of physical storage and stored data among heterogeneous hosts.’
- ‘More information on affected systems, possible workarounds and how to obtain fixes has been published by CERT and is available here.’
- ‘Moreover, these schemes, unlike most firmwares, are designed to prevent software or drivers from doing things, which will limit the ability to make workarounds in software.’
- ‘Oftentimes changes are made toward the end of development, and they program workarounds.’
- ‘If the tool finds an active infection it implements a workaround to prevent the constant reboots that make patching really difficult.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.