One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The key concept to ensuring that the public receives these benefits is ensuring that the resulting market is workably competitive.’
- ‘But the real scene-stealer here is Ken Stott, whose ruthless Kennel-boss Good Joe is both workably evil and believably confused.’
- ‘Industry critics pointed out that California's electricity supply was ‘not workably competitive,’ and predicted that price competition among producers would not take place.’
- ‘In some long run sense, however, these effects disappear and, under the conditions presumed necessary for a workably competitive economy, the primary conclusion seems to stand up.’
- ‘In its ‘fairy story’ version, the objection does not even deal with workably comprehensive belief-systems, concentrating rather on individual stories or theories.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.