Proceed gradually toward (something more advanced or intense)‘the course starts with landing technique, working up to jumps from an enclosed platform’
- ‘Medical experts who have experience with MSM suggest starting with 1,000 mg a day, in either capsule or crystal form, and gradually working up to 4,000 mg daily.’
- ‘Do crunches 3 days a week, beginning with 2 sets of 10 reps each and gradually working up to 3 sets of 15 reps.’
- ‘This week I carefully built up the drawings from a light watered down line gradually working up to the darker.’
- ‘Do as many wall push-ups as you can, gradually working up to 10 repetitions.’
- ‘For example, start out at 70 percent of your maximum heart rate or lower and gradually work up to a higher intensity level.’
- ‘Gradually work up to 1 to 2 teaspoons of ground flaxseeds daily to avoid bloating and gas.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.