One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Leave of absence from prison by day enabling a prisoner to continue in normal employment.
- ‘While he was on work release at the Queensboro Correctional Facility, the New York State Division of Parole continually denied Ferguson a parole.’
- ‘By that time he had been released on work release.’
- ‘She gets 48 hours, Susan McDougal, of work release every week, and then she wears a bracelet.’
- ‘Well, all of the material tends to indicate that work release is unlikely, in fact.’
- ‘Depending on type of sentence and good behavior while incarcerated, some residents obtained work release.’
- ‘What we would say is that there would also be eligibility for work release much earlier than that, something like six months earlier perhaps.’
- ‘He served three years behind bars, two years on work release and two years on parole.’
- ‘This is followed by six months of day treatment with work release, known within the program as reentry.’
- ‘Or, as the production notes suggest, are they on work release?’
- ‘He did not get parole, he did not get work release, he did not get home leave, he did not get so many other rights that he would have had.’
- ‘He also ordered her to serve three months in work release followed by nine months of home confinement.’
- ‘This amounts to a work release program for the ethically challenged.’
- ‘I have work release after second block, so I get out at ten thirty.’
- ‘Virtually everyone in work release has a job, often found while still incarcerated.’
- ‘Oh, I got out on work release, because I was working.’
- ‘People think I got preferential treatment, but people in my position usually get work release.’
- ‘Regrettably, people breach parole, community service orders, work release programs, every day, just because they do not necessarily want to adhere to the discipline of the regime.’
- ‘The prisoners worked on the site as part of the Department of Justice's section 94 day work release program.’
- ‘She was granted work release and ordered to undergo an evaluation.’
- ‘Examining drug offenders on work release, the Delaware study found that those who received substance abuse treatment were less likely to return to prison, saving both the state and taxpayers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.