Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A puzzle consisting of letters arranged in a grid, containing several hidden words written in any direction.
- ‘Hey, you've all seen wordsearches before, right?’
- ‘The newsletter also has a fun wordsearch competition which is to be returned before the 28th November, with five cash prizes for the winners.’
- ‘The Radio Lollipop crew is equipped with puzzles, wordsearches, crosswords, a craft trolley and competitions.’
- ‘But as any scholar of the wordsearch knows, you can go backwards as well as forwards.’
- ‘As stated I miss your crossword but your wordsearch puzzle is interesting also and one needs a certain amount of knowledge of the fishing industry and marine matters.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.