One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production, storage, and manipulation of text on a computer or word processor.
- ‘Typewriting institutes are becoming an oddity, as manual typewriters are swept away by word processing software and computer keyboards.’
- ‘There's word processing, spreadsheets, calendars, personal directories, even a photo gallery.’
- ‘You can use the program with email, word processing, web browser, and even with your web page editor.’
- ‘These are heady days for people like us, some of whom learned HTML as a sort of extension to our word processing software.’
- ‘If you want a PC for word processing, spreadsheets and internet use, a fast computer is not essential.’
- ‘The classes teach the basics of computing, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet browsing and Web cameras.’
- ‘Most people do word processing, check email and surf the web.’
- ‘Teachers are using the computer for word processing and simple math calculations.’
- ‘The three machines stolen in yesterday's theft were used by pupils for word processing, databases and spreadsheets as well as Internet access for research.’
- ‘They will edit and produce their books more or less as they are used to, using word processing and desktop publishing tools.’
- ‘An online resume is one you create using word processing software and e-mail or post on the Internet.’
- ‘As with email programs, word processing programs are not all created equal as well.’
- ‘Not having a PC at home, some weekends I need to hire one for access to the Internet, to use word processing or spreadsheet programs.’
- ‘Even the cheapest of laptops has more than enough power to drive word processing, spreadsheet and internet programs and to run video and multimedia as well.’
- ‘I mostly use my computer for word processing and e-mail to my friends.’
- ‘Moreover, other staff members were beginning to use the computer for tasks such as word processing and spreadsheets.’
- ‘On the ground floor, some surf the Web, check their e-mail, burn CDs or simply use the computers for word processing.’
- ‘She does four things on her computer - email, Web, word processing, and solitaire - so Linux would be perfect for her.’
- ‘It offers key competencies in word processing, data processing, presentation, the Web and email.’
- ‘It will incorporate word processing, Internet and E-mail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.