One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production, storage, and manipulation of text on a computer or word processor.
- ‘It offers key competencies in word processing, data processing, presentation, the Web and email.’
- ‘The three machines stolen in yesterday's theft were used by pupils for word processing, databases and spreadsheets as well as Internet access for research.’
- ‘Most people do word processing, check email and surf the web.’
- ‘As with email programs, word processing programs are not all created equal as well.’
- ‘Typewriting institutes are becoming an oddity, as manual typewriters are swept away by word processing software and computer keyboards.’
- ‘Not having a PC at home, some weekends I need to hire one for access to the Internet, to use word processing or spreadsheet programs.’
- ‘It will incorporate word processing, Internet and E-mail.’
- ‘I mostly use my computer for word processing and e-mail to my friends.’
- ‘She does four things on her computer - email, Web, word processing, and solitaire - so Linux would be perfect for her.’
- ‘They will edit and produce their books more or less as they are used to, using word processing and desktop publishing tools.’
- ‘If you want a PC for word processing, spreadsheets and internet use, a fast computer is not essential.’
- ‘On the ground floor, some surf the Web, check their e-mail, burn CDs or simply use the computers for word processing.’
- ‘Moreover, other staff members were beginning to use the computer for tasks such as word processing and spreadsheets.’
- ‘Even the cheapest of laptops has more than enough power to drive word processing, spreadsheet and internet programs and to run video and multimedia as well.’
- ‘There's word processing, spreadsheets, calendars, personal directories, even a photo gallery.’
- ‘An online resume is one you create using word processing software and e-mail or post on the Internet.’
- ‘Teachers are using the computer for word processing and simple math calculations.’
- ‘These are heady days for people like us, some of whom learned HTML as a sort of extension to our word processing software.’
- ‘You can use the program with email, word processing, web browser, and even with your web page editor.’
- ‘The classes teach the basics of computing, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet browsing and Web cameras.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.