One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mathematics exercise presented in the form of a hypothetical situation that requires an equation to be solved; for example, “if George earns a salary of $18,500 and 28% of it is deducted in taxes, how much take-home pay remains?”
- ‘One word problem required calculating the fee for three students taking the same units at the same university.’
- ‘Some groups of students respond differently to a word problem's context.’
- ‘That same day, I raised my hand when my trigonometry teacher asked the class for a volunteer to go up to the board and explain a word problem that most of the class had difficulty understanding.’
- ‘This is a word problem whose solution includes solving a system of two linear equations.’
- ‘Four alternative measures were examined in this study: a basic facts task and three forms of an estimation task that included both computation and word problem solving.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.