One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Needlework executed in wool on a canvas foundation.
- ‘Berlin wool work patterns in colour were first published in Berin, Germany, early in the 19th century.’
- ‘Berlin wool work patterns for this style men's shoes, furniture covers, cushions, and bags were found in women's magazines such as Godey's Lady's Book and Peterson's Magazine.’
- ‘Craft classes are continuing in tapestry and wool work.’
- ‘Because the edges don't ravel, wool work is perfect for appliqué designs to make beautiful purses, table runners, pillows and clothing.’
- ‘Four Berlin wool work pictures that date from this period are in keeping with the popular fashion of pictorial needlework then being produced in the United States and Europe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.