One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The activity or skill of making things from wood.
- ‘While Nicholson found his calling in the pulpit, he also continued to put his woodworking to work for his congregation.’
- ‘In his retirement years he enjoyed his woodworking hobbies.’
- ‘Elms, oaks, and pines were popular on English signs, reflecting their usefulness in the various woodworking trades.’
- ‘Vintage woodworking machinery trade catalogs have proved invaluable in uncovering the history of some of these companies.’
- ‘This experience enabled him to hone his woodworking skills.’
- ‘My friends Max and Bill, both woodworkers, were sharing a cooperative woodworking shop on the North Side, and it had an opening.’
- ‘Adrian had taken a woodworking and carpentry course in high school, so this would be a piece of cake.’
- ‘All can be made from some scrap lumber, a small amount of paint, and our full-size woodworking plans.’
- ‘The woodworking and leather assembly areas sit side-by-side near the assembly line.’
- ‘These humorous, eye-catching designs are much less of a woodworking project than they are a painting assignment.’
- ‘He said last year, somebody was talking about the woodworking I do.’
- ‘One could easily spend the best part of a weekend ambling through the village with its woodworking and weaving workshops.’
- ‘This summer, Old Sturbridge Village has expanded its regular woodworking demonstrations to include carpentry.’
- ‘He did the plumbing, the electrical wiring, the woodworking.’
- ‘Standard woodworking tools, stains, and finishes can be used.’
- ‘Mosaic woodworking is also practiced and is used in the construction of boxes, trays, tables, desks, and game boards.’
- ‘Very little detail is necessary for painting so there's no need to be an artist, and the woodworking skills required are practically nil.’
- ‘Behind the computer operations, the woodworking rooms are more what you would expect an organ company to look like.’
- ‘His brother used to work as a woodworking labourer at Remploy in Pontefract, which provides employment for the disabled, and is well known in the town's pubs.’
- ‘When setting up a woodworking or auto repair area, don't bolt power tools to the bench all at once.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.