One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of shaping wood with a lathe.
- ‘Arthur Berry took the cup for the best handicraft for his piece of woodturning.’
- ‘Many of the staff involved work for small furniture and woodturning plants in the border counties.’
- ‘Throughout the entire week, students took part in arts activities - from fine art to mask-making, stained glass to literature, drama to woodturning, not to mention wall-painting.’
- ‘He will exhibit a selection of woodcarvings and woodturning in Castlecomer Library until October 16.’
- ‘Mary spoke about window boxes and the men also had an input on the day with Michael demonstrating and talking about the craft of woodturning.’
- ‘Choose your Christmas gift from the variety of hand grafted gifts including, paintings in oil, watercolours and woodturning and various other gifts.’
- ‘A craft course at the school will include art, stained glass, metalcraft, woodcraft and woodturning.’
- ‘I was a diesel engineer by trade but when I got the chance a few years ago to do a woodturning course I tried it and loved it.’
- ‘Roger left his office bound world of writing reports some years ago and took up woodturning initially as a business, selling small artifacts in his shop.’
- ‘An interesting course is also running in wood and metal work while classes in art and woodturning have also attracted plenty of interest.’
- ‘He hosts workshops throughout Ireland on human development, healing of the family tree, dreams etc., and he uses his love of woodturning and the sea to enhance his under-standing of the scriptures and relationships.’
- ‘Basketmaking, woodturning, buttermaking and needlework are among the many craft and heritage practices on show during the day also.’
- ‘Ann James and her son and their friend David James were admiring the woodturning display.’
- ‘Would you like to sing a new song, let the creative juices flow through creative writing, relax and gain control through Yoga, enjoy the skills of woodturning or develop your competency with computers?’
- ‘We also have a chest of tools and do some pyrography, burning images into wood, and we also do woodturning.’
- ‘Also on show were some lovely pieces of woodturning.’
- ‘Not one to go to seed, in retirement he kept active with various hobbies, which included gardening, reading, woodturning, the occasion game of pitch and putt on the course in Castledermot, of which he was a founding member.’
- ‘Theresa and John's project is called ‘Spinning Around’, focussing on woodturning.’
- ‘George said: ‘Many of the people who are coming to the group are first timers at woodturning.’’
- ‘During the day on Saturday, there is a display of traditional crafts in Gurteen village i.e. basket making, woodturning, butter making and many more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.