Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Clothing for women.
- ‘The strongest performance was in womenswear and menswear helped by a good response to its Spring ranges.’
- ‘Equally as beautiful as his womenswear, this featured plain white singlets studded with gold sequins, low-slung cream trousers and kimono print shirts.’
- ‘We hope to be open by July and the new store will have all our departments in it, including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear and home furnishings.’
- ‘Strangely, it has taken the brand more than three years to diversify from menswear into womenswear.’
- ‘U-neck sweaters - the new crewneck, more popular in womenswear this season.’
- ‘Anthony, who grew up in Thornton, is in the first year of a masters degree in fashion womenswear and knitwear.’
- ‘Textiles of menswear, womenswear, infantswear, sportswear and underwear will be on show, and internal design will also be introduced.’
- ‘They sell famous label womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, gifts and homeware at up to 60% less than recommended retail prices.’
- ‘Before you know it, Hollywood starlets will be battling each other to be the first to wear his new womenswear designs’
- ‘Cloak's introduction to womenswear has revealed the masculine side to women's personalities.’
- ‘The show featured both menswear and womenswear, but next season's womenswear outshines menswear!’
- ‘Her début pieces for men were in some ways more successful than her womenswear, showing a deft way of mixing techno and denim fabrics.’
- ‘He has continued to win accolades for menswear, womenswear, costume and set design, bridalwear, accessories and latterly Stuart Crystal.’
- ‘Mr Varvatos débuted his womenswear collection; and he maintained his signature look.’
- ‘His womenswear designs were the best they have ever been.’
- ‘Mr Malone handily executed his menswear designs with a sure hand, and all indications are there that, given time and space, he will display an equal confidence with his womenswear pieces.’
- ‘His womenswear sets razor-sharp tailoring against indulgently romantic dresses formed from layers of fragile chiffon.’
- ‘Given that each of these three labels features menswear and womenswear, Bailey has six apparel collections to design each season.’
- ‘It is also Ireland's only trade fair dedicated to womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, footwear and accessories.’
- ‘The new long anticipated designer Raf Simons managed to impress the fashion crowd with his debut collection of womenswear, and that is no easy task.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.