One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually treated as singular Academic courses in sociology, history, literature, and psychology which focus on the roles, experiences, and achievements of women in society.
- ‘This can also be verified in sociological, psychological and women's studies.’
- ‘I'm interested in women's studies, history programs and English programs.’
- ‘Arthur is now at SUNY Purchase double-majoring in sociology and women's studies.’
- ‘I was going to major in psychology and minor in women's studies.’
- ‘Dr Caball said social studies, women's studies, history, literature and film studies were all popular choices for postgraduate research by applicants for the awards.’
- ‘The 22-year-old earned a degree in women's studies and sociology from Smith this May.’
- ‘Sun launched women's studies, a pioneer course of its kind in China, for undergraduate students at this prestigious university in 1997.’
- ‘The lab will be available to the departments of political science, economics, sociology, women's studies and possibly others, Robinson says.’
- ‘Beginning with insights packaged as part of women's studies and family history, this subject gradually has come into its own.’
- ‘Mary Lynn Stewart, professor of history and women's studies, is excited about the new program.’
- ‘Glance at the title of this book and you might consign it to the special interest category, deeming it only relevant to those taking courses in Australian history or women's studies.’
- ‘Yet, she did go to college, graduated in women's studies and history and consciously chose to become an organiser.’
- ‘The class in which Mary and I met was listed by the departments of studio art, women's studies, and art history.’
- ‘Instead, the focus is on departments like sociology or ethnic and women's studies where there's a lot of progressive thought.’
- ‘With regard to curricula, there are numerous incentives to develop and teach courses in women's studies.’
- ‘She lectures in film, literature and women's studies at La Trobe University Bendigo.’
- ‘The volume could prove useful for framing courses on women's studies for Indian universities, as also for South Asian and gender studies Departments abroad.’
- ‘This book will be of keen interest to those in composition studies, women's studies, history, and education alike.’
- ‘My education on women's studies and literature is patchy and incomplete.’
- ‘It would be an excellent addition to courses on twentieth-century American history, women's studies, the American West, or peace studies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.