One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See women's lib
- ‘We try and make it quite clear to people, we're not women's libbers, we don't hate men, we're just a band with girls in it who just want to play music’.’
- ‘And while she did live in Morocco for a while at age four, she grew up in San Francisco with a ‘women's libber’ mom who discovered the power of belly dancing when Dolphina was just a kid.’
- ‘But back then they were called women's libbers, and somebody must have been feeling threatened, because in 1975 the Mandy annual for Girls ran a story about one of them.’
- ‘And contrary to what the women's libbers of that era wanted to believe, the porn biz has made me so strong.’
- ‘At the time he was quite well known for antagonizing women's libbers, so there was quite a contingent of sign waving female protestors, and some males as well.’
- ‘I'm sure women's libbers like Helen would treat it with equally good spirit!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.