One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Woolf identified in her an essential womanliness which activated the ardent and romantic side of his personality, hitherto almost entirely dormant.’
- ‘Feminine side: not to be confused with womanliness, which is not a side but pervades the whole and also does not need to be explored, on account of it just being.’
- ‘There's a bit of Oedipal stuff too but it's not like I'm buying my mother lingerie for Christmas - it's about the beautiful womanliness of things.’
- ‘Add a funny, finally devastating smile, the sensuous Portuguese language, and what can only be called the ease of Case's full-bodied womanliness, and you've got more than enough love to go around.’
- ‘The slightly whiney girlishness that sometimes surfaced unintentionally has been replaced by a confident womanliness, and for the first time you are aware of her extraordinary sexual power.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.