One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who hates women; a misogynist.‘an unpleasant, self-important woman-hater’
anti-feminist, male chauvinist, male supremacist, chauvinist, sexistView synonyms
- ‘Generally perceived as a woman-hater, this series reveals he revelled in the company of women.’
- ‘The 'Old Bachelor' is Heartwell, a 'surly old pretended woman-hater', who falls in love with Silvia.’
- ‘Don't smear a decent person as a racist, a women hater, or a religious nut because you don't have the courage to let your true feelings be known.’
- ‘A widely disseminated medieval version of the song offers us a different image of an angry and recalcitrant woman-hater.’
- ‘The Taming of the Shrew is plainly the work of a woman-hater.’
- ‘I don't care if he was a drug addict, an alcoholic, a woman-hater or womaniser or both.’
- ‘He's a misogynist, homophobic, woman hater.’
- ‘Instead of bringing about the meaningful conversation I'd expected, the article prompted a ton of mail denouncing me as a vicious woman-hater.’
- ‘Women have become the world's greatest woman-haters, having learned to shun all things feminine.’
- ‘I've heard it said that you're a woman-hater.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.