One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A northern European aconite.
- ‘What is the difference, Potter, between monkswood and wolfsbane?’
- ‘‘As I was saying,’ Ziada continued, ‘I can't think of any other obscure purposes of wolfsbane, except for mouthwash and pimple-poultice.’’
- ‘Monkshood is another name for aconite, aka wolfsbane.’
- ‘What are the special properties of wolfsbane?’
- ‘Ziada distributed the wolfsbane amongst the five, and Elora provided spare pouches for it to be contained in.’
- ‘Opening it, he said in surprise, ‘Why, that's wolfsbane!’’
- ‘With Ginger dead, Bridgette's on her own, stumbling around injecting herself with wolfsbane to try to stop herself from turning into a werewolf.’
- ‘Even if they could get out of this hole, wolfsbane wasn't the easiest thing to find in this area, and the hour he had to reverse the lycanthropy was ticking away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.