One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There flourished a very wolf-like breed, the stout husky, reined in as it is to provide human transport by hauling sledges across frozen tundra.’
- ‘Game rangers set traps to snare the wolf-like animals.’
- ‘Nobu may have wolf-like tendencies, but underneath she is a sweet dog and a good friend.’
- ‘It's a big new mammal: a wolf-like creature of massive proportions with a bone-crunching jaw a metre long.’
- ‘Wreathed in flame with its fiery eyes flashing, the giant wolf-like creature uttered one long, deafening howl and began advancing slowly, menacingly.’
- ‘‘Excellent,’ said Atra, her wolf-like eyes upturning in a smile.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.