One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Resembling or likened to a wolf, especially in being rapacious, voracious, or lascivious.‘a wolfish grin’
lascivious, lecherous, lustful, leeringView synonyms
- ‘I am concerned that you are proceeding without healthcare in this wolfish climate.’
- ‘I felt the hungry, wolfish aspect to my gaze, but didn't try to hide it, as it played up and down over Cynthia's body.’
- ‘But it seemed all wrong for the wolfish Nighy who one assumes would reach first base with a woman before the rest of the boys had got their boots on.’
- ‘Carter gave a wolfish smile, ‘Anyway dude, wish I was in your position.’’
- ‘Innocent blondes, corrupted by wolfish brunettes with mannish haircuts and tight, tight sweaters, stare wide-eyed at the reader.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.