One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Any of various shrubs of the genus "Lycium", in particular the goji berry.
- ‘These individuals should take ejiang, jujube, small red bean, the fruit of the wolfberry (gouqi) and angelica (danggui).’
- ‘Shrubby patches of wild plum, wolfberry, and narrow-leaved meadowsweet provide nesting and perching sites for open-country birds such as horned larks, loggerhead shrikes, and upland sandpipers.’
- ‘The wolfberry bush grows in the northwest part of China and the fruit has been credited with properties of improving visual acuity and general health.’
- 1.1 The fruit of the wolfberry.
- ‘Raw materials include 15 grams of longan, a kind of dried Chinese fruit, 10 grams of fruits of Chinese wolfberries and 100 grams of black rice.’
- ‘Also known as wolfberry, the goji berry grows in Tibet, China, and Mongolia and is revered in Traditional Chinese Medicine as an anti-aging herb.’
- ‘Top each grapefruit slice with eight wolfberries.’
- ‘China Wolfberry Holding Company, the world's biggest manufacturer of wolfberry wine, plans to float its shares in Hong Kong in the next 18 months.’
- ‘Gouqi Cha, tea made of wolfberry fruit and boiling water, is an ideal drink for those who want to protect or improve their vision.’
- ‘Its content consists of 50 % of green tea extract, 30 % of spine date and 20 % of Chinese wolfberry.’
- ‘We used modern biological extraction technology to obtain extracts of reishi, ginseng, wolfberry, peony, and licorice.’
- ‘The Ningxia-based company, which sells wolfberry fruit wine under the Ning Xia Hong brand name, counts the likes of Wal-Mart, Carrefour, Lianhua and Home World among its customers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.