One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a manner characterized by quick and inventive verbal humor.‘they comment wittily on the action’‘his wittily titled autobiography’
- ‘But, literally and metaphorically, Loudon's still the daddy, and his 21st album finds him on typically acerbic and wittily literate form.’
- ‘Illumination's powers of guidance and failure are wittily played upon.’
- ‘There is a certain amount of crotch grabbing but it is all in the spirit of the piece and wittily done.’
- ‘Many of the paintings are wittily tailored for the Reichstag audience.’
- ‘Wittily she retorts with mock puzzlement, hasn't he heard that there will be a fifty percent discount for everyone - except him?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.