One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without detriment to any existing right or claim.‘the payment was made without any prejudice to her rights’
justly, equitably, impartially, without bias, without prejudice, without fear or favour, with an open mind, open-mindedly, even-handedly, objectively, neutrally, disinterestedlyView synonyms
- ‘He is to stress that any acceptance by us of the keys is without prejudice to the dilapidations claim.’
- ‘This discharge is in addition to and without prejudice to any other discharge given to the Trustees.’
- ‘The order included a provision that it was without prejudice to the right of the defendants to add her name if they so chose.’
- ‘This procedure is without prejudice to the Supervising Officer's responsibility under the building contract.’
- ‘The motion was dismissed, on terms, without prejudice to the defendant's right to renew the motion at trial.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.