One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As regards; with reference to.‘the two groups were similar with respect to age, sex, and diagnoses’
concerning, regarding, as regards, in regard to, with regard to, with reference to, relating to, respecting, as for, as to, re, about, apropos, on the subject of, in the matter of, in connection withView synonyms
- ‘This is not to say that the hospital lacked commitment with respect to what was done for him.’
- ‘The most important thing to remember with respect to this film is that it is not a documentary.’
- ‘This will put more pressure on the city with respect to traffic and other problems.’
- ‘Suppose my prior desire was relatively indeterminate with respect to when it should be realized.’
- ‘Could you tell me what is the sleep duration a person needs, with respect to age in general?’
- ‘The model was adapted with respect to three points for the purpose of this study.’
- ‘There was no evidence of dishonesty or bad character with respect to either of them.’
- ‘No further charges with respect to these items were recorded in the third quarter.’
- ‘His comments in respect of this issue show a lack of judgement and perspective.’
- ‘We selected patients to achieve maximum diversity with respect to age and sex.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.