One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a united way.
unanimously, in complete agreement, with one mind, unitedly, concertedly, without exception, as one, of one voice, to a manView synonyms
- ‘These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brethren.’
- ‘the girls shouted with one accord and flung themselves upon him, so that he had major difficulties with remaining standing.’
- ‘‘Let's all play an A, a C sharp, and an E,’ cried Tom's band with one accord.’
- ‘The odd thing about the nature of the award is that it gathers together the judges who should be the most insightful footballing men on the planet and with one accord they go for the obvious: the eye-catching, the brilliant, the magical.’
- ‘And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul's companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre.’
- ‘And the multitudes with one accord were giving attention to what was said by Philip, as they heard and saw the signs which he was performing.’
- ‘He will perfect the entire world so that its inhabitants will serve God together, as it is written, ‘For then I will make the peoples pure of speech, so that they all invoke the Lord by name and serve Him with one accord.’’
- ‘Many relatives travelled home from as far away as the UK, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Florida, to attend the ceremony and readings were conducted in a variety of accents but with one accord.’
- ‘As has been the case in similar exercises in the past, the Makeni community has again risen to this latest mammoth task with one accord, in the spirit of supplementing Government efforts.’
- ‘Macneile Dixon claimed: The English people instinctively, and with one accord, took it to their hearts.’
- ‘There were other people already seated at the long trestle table, watching them with interest, and with one accord they made for seats away from the fire, somewhat in the shadows but no so far that it would raise suspicion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.