One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She saw a homesickness and wistfulness, and suddenly thought of the Little Mermaid in Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales, before Disney left its mark on the classic.’
- ‘A seasonal wistfulness follows as I remember the faces and places of the Christmases of the past.’
- ‘Rarely accused of being a great actor herself, she is a tremendous movie star and undercuts her stunning physical presence with a genuine vulnerability and wistfulness that might make her the most realistic character in the picture.’
- ‘In contrast to the wistfulness associated with nostalgia, however, the feeling here was one of nervousness, and even desperation.’
- ‘My flirting with him represents some wistfulness, nostalgia and regret of those years past.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.