One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mail-order catalog.
brochure, prospectus, guide, magalogue, mailerView synonyms
- ‘During Thanksgiving, November 1993, I was perusing every pilot's favorite wish book, Trade-A-Plane, when I spotted an ad for a 60 percent restored Firefly!’
- ‘For this and other extraordinarily desirable gear, go to my favorite wish book, the Duluth Trading Co. catalog.’
- ‘Mailed wish books let Americans shop beyond their needs’
- ‘Every Friday I check in to see if there's something new and cheap - to add to an ever-growing collection of home and garden magazines, otherwise known a ‘wish books‘.’
- ‘I mentioned Herters and I suspect that is a name foreign to many of you, but in my youth their catalog was the wish book for all things outdoors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.