One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man versed in magic, witchcraft, or astrology.See also Three Wise Men
- ‘So they'd been told by wise men, who'd seen the light.’
- ‘Matthew describes the three men, not as kings, but as wise men or ‘Magi’.’
- ‘They were the healers, the teachers, and the wise men and women others would turn to in times of trouble.’
- ‘Each of the wise men had their own beliefs about the Holy Mountain and, of course, their own way of getting there.’
- ‘He calls his wise men, and he demands that they interpret the dreams.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.