Each of the four hindmost molars in humans which usually appear at about the age of twenty.
- ‘Gum disease can affect the first and second molars and the bone surrounding the tooth, as well as the impacted wisdom tooth.’
- ‘A wisdom tooth has been reported facing the second molar, crown to crown.’
- ‘Which is how I once again came to be in the dentist chair that I had been trying to weasel out of, getting my wisdom tooth removed.’
- ‘People who have problems such as infection, cysts or tumours, tooth decay, or gum disease around a wisdom tooth should think about having it removed.’
- ‘We all reckon the plan is to do a root canal on the bad tooth and remove the wisdom tooth.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.