Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of the four hindmost molars in humans, which usually appear at about the age of twenty.
- ‘People who have problems such as infection, cysts or tumours, tooth decay, or gum disease around a wisdom tooth should think about having it removed.’
- ‘Gum disease can affect the first and second molars and the bone surrounding the tooth, as well as the impacted wisdom tooth.’
- ‘A wisdom tooth has been reported facing the second molar, crown to crown.’
- ‘Which is how I once again came to be in the dentist chair that I had been trying to weasel out of, getting my wisdom tooth removed.’
- ‘We all reckon the plan is to do a root canal on the bad tooth and remove the wisdom tooth.’
wisdom tooth/ˈwizdəm to͞oTH/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.