1US An electrician.
- ‘A journeyman electrician or wireman will still be responsible for answering to the job foreman, contractor or building foreman throughout the job.’
- ‘Now certain companies have come into existence which employee residential wiremen to serve their customers.’
- ‘A total of 786 candidates passed the competency certificate examination for supervisors and wiremen conducted in June this year by the State Board of Technical Education and Training.’
- ‘Inside wiremen are responsible for the installation of all wires, busses, conduits, switches, converters, transformers, electric motors, and other electrical apparatus of a stationary nature.’
- ‘Under the direct supervision of journeymen wiremen, the apprentice will learn the skills associated with being an electrician.’
2A journalist working for a news agency.
3informal A professional wiretapper.
- ‘He looked at the military, taking time off as an undergraduate to serve as a rifleman and wireman in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, and receiving a promotion to corporal.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.