One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Using radio, microwaves, etc. (as opposed to wires or cables) to transmit signals.‘the phone connects wirelessly to a laptop’‘collected data is wirelessly transmitted over the Web’
- ‘An ingenious Frenchman named Gabet has lately constructed such a wirelessly controlled torpedo boat.’
- ‘The goal of our system is to quickly and accurately measure current on a transmission line and relay this information wirelessly by sending a trip signal to a circuit breaker.’
- ‘AirDrop enables you to wirelessly share files with other users who are in your vicinity.’
- ‘You can use Bluetooth to communicate wirelessly with a compatible Bluetooth headset or to use an optional wireless keyboard.’
- ‘Selected file types may be wirelessly downloaded and viewed on the Palm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.