One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area with a usable signal to allow wireless connection to the Internet or some other computer network.
- ‘It can also tap into the Internet using high-speed wireless hot spots in cafes and book stores.’
- ‘Write in and tell me about your wireless hot spot connections.’
- ‘Through the T-Mobile wireless hot spots at nearly 4,000 Starbucks stores, customers have the ability to access unique, proprietary content.’
- ‘The proliferation of wireless hot spots soon will lead to mesh networks that cover all but the least populated parts of the U.S. economy.’
- ‘The report goes on to note that UK wireless Internet usage is also set to increase rapidly, with Gartner predicting that the number of frequent users of UK wireless hot spots will more than double in 2005 to reach over 1.5 million.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.