Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Financial fraud involving the use of telecommunications or information technology.
- ‘Prosecutors also dropped wire fraud and computer fraud charges in the agreement.’
- ‘If that is a misrepresentation they have committed wire fraud, criminal fraud, and an assortment of other crimes and torts.’
- ‘May we humbly request your immediate and urgent attention to tell you the story of a Nigerian e-mail scammer convicted of wire fraud in Houston, Texas?’
- ‘He will be sentenced for conspiracy to commit wire fraud, computer fraud, and money laundering, on February 19.’
- ‘They're charged with conspiracy, computer fraud, wire fraud, and possession of unauthorized access devices.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.